Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blog Post #4

1.) "I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather. This is where the bed I shared with my sister, Prim, stood. Over there was the kitchen table. The bricks of the chimney, which collapsed in a charred heap, provide a point of reference for the rest ofthe house. How else could I orient myself in this sea of gray?"
This passage enhances my reading experience because it is written in great detail. It describes where Katniss lives and it describes the destruction that took place when her district was bombed by the Capitol. It sets the stage for the whole book.

2.) If the main charcter of my book were placed in the world today it would be completely different for her. Life would be a lot easier for Katniss. She could live with her family in peace witrhout having to worry about leading a rebellion against the Capitol. She could just live a normal and safe life. Katniss would be able to easily handle what is in store for our country because there is no way that it could be any worse than conditions of her life in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment